Tuesday, March 29, 2011

miracle

Today, I realized that I am in the middle of a Great Miracle.
The lecture in floral design class was on funeral flowers.  Not a happy subject.  
My teacher told a story about one of her students who called her Thanksgiving weekend asking if she would make a casket spray. My teacher asked what had happened. 
Come to find out, the young girl's husband just died.  
Just like that.
My heart throbbed for the poor girl and I texted Scott real quick: Please don't ever die okay?
I can't even imagine how painful that would be to lose him.  I just love him so much and I selfishly want him with me always.  I know someday God might have another job on the other side for him to do, 
but I wish that He would wait a few years to take him until I could go too.
Scott asked me to not dwell on death. So I won't.

Then I went to work. Tuesday afternoons I work with three single men aged 22-23 years.
And every time we work together, I ask them to tell me "The Sitch."  
What happens then, is a quick news update on their love lives.
After listening to all of their dating failures and realizing how I used to pull some of the same shenanigans, 
I had this epiphany: The fact that Scott and I are getting married is a miracle. Plain and simple.
How is it that after 8 months of craziness courtesy of yours truly, opposition from all angles, a brief break-up, and a long-time long-distance relationship ended up working out?
See, it is a miracle.  And boy, am I grateful.
I am so grateful that Scott put up with my craziness and that we both were willing to work through whatever opposition or problems arose.  
How grateful I am to God for leading, helping, and guiding us here.
It is a wonderful place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Blake has had to tell me to stop dwelling on death too. I think its normal.

    ReplyDelete