Thursday, October 28, 2010

All of Me

I can't get "All of Me" by Billie Holiday out of my head. It's just so lovely. It reminds me of You've Got Mail and daisies, both of which are also lovely.


Last night, I spent three hours washing vegetables and prepping healthy food so I can be conveniently healthy. I made up a new soup that turned out pretty good.  It was kind of like a stone soup:

Stone Soup (Stone is Optional)   
Into the pot goes a chopped onion
a couple cloves of minced garlic
and some Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

After the onions started to look translucent, 
pour in enough chicken broth to fill the pan halfway, 
then added some water.

Next into the pot goes two chopped red potatoes 
and five minutes later, throw in a few handfuls of 
chopped celery and carrots.

Now, into the pot, goes any vegetables you can find:
Cabbage/Spinach, Leeks, Frozen Peas, Lima Beans, 
Green Beans , White Beans, Black Beans, Human Beans.

You can also add some type of noodles.
I like the corkscrew kind.

Add lots of salt and pepper, 
some oregano and basil and some Parmesan on top.
Voila!


1 comment:

  1. I loveee billie! Also, I've been trying to eat healthier and this soup sounds delicious. I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete